Disaster: Kenya Mall Massacre Gunmen Are Named

As reported by Sky News:

A video has emerged showing four gunmen involved in the massacre at a shopping centre in Nairobi, Kenya.

It shows the heavily-armed attackers walking through a storeroom in the mall and searching other adjacent rooms. 

It is understood that the CCTV pictures captured the gunmen mid-way through the assault – as many of the victims remained trapped inside Westgate Mall.

The footage comes as Kenya’s military spokesman named four people implicated in the attack.

Major Emmanuel Chirchir gave their names as Abu Baara al-Sudani, Omar Nabhan, Khattab al-Kene and Umayr.

Al-Sudani, from Sudan, was the leader of the group inside the mall and had been trained by al Qaeda, said Chirchir.

He is “an experienced fighter and sharpshooter”, he added.

Nabhan, a Kenyan of Arab origin, was born in Mombasa and travelled to Somalia with his uncle at the age of 16, said the spokesman.

The third attacker, Al-Kene, is said to be Somali from the capital Mogadishu, and is linked to al Shabaab Islamist militants, Chirchir said.

The other names of the fourth attacker, Umayr, as well as his nationality and history were “not yet identified”, he said.

Al-Kene and Umayr are known members of al Hijra, a Kenyan extremist group affiliated with al Shabaab, according to Matt Bryden, former head of the United Nations Monitoring Group on Somalia.

The latest video footage of the September attack surfaced after a government official revealed that security cameras appeared to show fewer gunmen than originally thought.

Kenya’s government initially said 10 to 15 attackers were involved in the assault, which left at least 67 people dead.

However, police now believe between four and six people took part in the protracted siege. 

“From what we have now that is coming out of the investigation, the number of attackers was between four to six,” police chief David Kimaiyo told Kenyan television station KTN.

“None of them managed to escape from the building after the attack,” he said.

Kimaiyo also confirmed that wanted British “White Widow” Samantha Lewthwaite – reported to have been one of the attackers – was not involved.

He said: “On Samantha we have also established that she was not part of the attackers in the building. There was no woman.”

Al Shabaab has said it carried out the attack in retaliation for Kenya sending troops into Somalia nearly two years ago.

The group has promised more attacks inside Kenya unless those troops are withdrawn.

Kenyan President Uhuru Kenyatta has vowed to continue the military mission inside Somalia despite the mall attack.

Mr Kenyatta ordered a commission of inquiry into the attack. The Red Cross says a further 39 people are still unaccounted for.

Meanwhile, Somali al Shabaab militants have claimed foreign forces raided one of its bases in the early hours of Saturday and attacked a house.

Forces landed on the beach at Barawe -110 miles south of Mogadishu – and a gunfight ensued, a spokesman for al Shabaab’s military operations, told the Reuters news agency.

Pentagon spokesman George Little declined to comment on whether US forces had taken part in the alleged raid.

What is this world turning into? I do hope the killers from Aluu4 have their names published too.

Its Parker baby
BBM: 275B9C0D
twitter :
@entnxt
@comedian4fun

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s