Boko-Haram members killed in Military Raids

The military has made inroad into the Boko Haram strongholds in Borno State as some of the insurgents were killed and a large number of their vehicles destroyed in land and air raids, it was gathered Tuesday.

The military further revealed that the insurgents had planned to detonate a large cache of Improvised Explosive Devices (IEDs) in some Borno towns and villages before the attacks.

Revealing the plans of the outlawed sect in a statement, the Deputy Director, Army Public Relations, 7 Division of the Nigerian Army, Maiduguri, Lt. Col. Muhammad Dole, said: “Simultaneous aggressive operations conducted by the troops from 5 Brigade at Gamboru Ngala axis and 21 Brigade at general area of Bama Kelani road recorded huge success on Monday 4, 2013.

“This was done in conjunction with Close Air Support from 79 Composite Group and other sophisticated platforms from the Nigerian Air Force.”

He said during the operations, “several Boko Haram terrorists were killed and others were fatally injured. A total of 13 vehicles and several motorcycles belonging to the terrorists in both operations were destroyed. Some of the vehicles destroyed were containing Improvised Explosive Device (IED) meant to be detonated in some towns and villages within Borno State. Several arms and ammunition  were also captured.”

He added that previously, the insurgents around Gamboru-Ngala-Mafa, Dikwa and Marte roads had arbitrarily blocked the road and caused havoc to motorists and adjacent villages, adding that the Bama-Kelani-Pulka-Firgi general areas were hitherto infested with incessant insurgents who had variously attacked and looted the area.

Dole said the military responded to information from the general public and was able to trace these camps and hideouts, which were eventually destroyed, noting that severe losses were inflicted on the Boko Haram sect.

Meanwhile, farmers have started counting their losses following the activities of the Boko Haram sect in the state.

They said they had lost N3 billion  ($18.75 million) in food crops in the past three years because of the Islamic uprising in the North-east that has killed thousands of people.

Chairman of the Borno State Farmers Association, Muhammed Namadi, told reporters Monday that members had been killed and many more forced to abandon rice and other crops ready for harvesting or just planted.

Nearly 20,000 farmers have been forced off their land since President Goodluck Jonathan in May declared a state of emergency in Borno and two other North-eastern states.

Entire villages have been cut off from their farmlands by military roadblocks. Others have been abandoned after attacks by the Islamic militants.

This is a big break for the military + the safety of the citizens of this great country.

Its Parker baby
BBM: 275B9C0D
twitter :
@entnxt
@comedian4fun

Advertisements

6 thoughts on “Boko-Haram members killed in Military Raids

  1. Its suitable time to have plans money for hard times and its time to be happy. I’ve read this publish and if I really could I want to suggest you handful of interesting points or tips. Maybe you may write next articles speaking about this article. I must read more aspects of it!

    Like

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s